Top 10 Amazing Facts about Antarctica
Antarctica – the first thing that originates to our mind when we hear this term is unkindest place enclosed by ice. If we locate Antarctica on the biosphere map, it can be found in the Southern Hemisphere in the Antarctic area. It is in fact the southernmost landmass of the Earth. Antarctica is enclosed by Southern ocean from all sides and when it originates to area, it is at the fifth location. Only 2 % consists of land and the rest 98 % is covered with ice which is at least 1 mile in width. The faunae which can familiarize themselves to the cold climatic circumstances are found in Antarctica and they are typically penguins and seals and we can also find algae, bacteria, fungi and some of the plants which can live in colder regions. There are many facts about Antarctica that we are not aware of. This object contains of the top 10 facts about Antarctica that will make your mind setback.
9. CONDITIONS ARE SIMILAR TO MARS
8. COLDEST AND DRIEST PLACE WITH ONLY TWO SEASONS
7. UNIQUE BIODIVERSITY
6. NO ECONOMY
5. NO GOVERNMENT
4. HUMAN LIFE
3. BEST FOR METEORITES
2. NO STANDARD TIME
Since Antarctica knowledge severe day night cycles, it is very problematic to set us a standard time for Antarctica. So, there is no specific time zone for the Antarctic landmass. Populations follow the time zone of their specific country and thus time zones are territorially divided rendering to the sites of the stations of a particular country. Areas where there are no positions situated have no standard time and they are secret under UTC time.
1. EFFECTS OF GLOBAL WARMING AND OZONE LAYER DEPLETION
Antarctica is opposite severe impacts of global warming and ozone layer reduction. The ice caps in Antarctica are tender and if the melting of ice lasts at this rate, then the whole of Antarctica will melt one day which will upsurge the water level of loads to 200 feet to 201 feet which is adequate enough to drown the entire of Earth. Global warming and Ozone Layer Reduction are also causing the death of penguins and many other Antarctic class. Thus, we should follow events that will help reduce ozone layer reduction and thus stop global warming.